How to fix the shifting on your bike. The majority of rear shifting problems can be solved with basic adjustments to the limit screws and index setting of the rear derailleur system. In this video, we’ll show you how to properly set up and adjust your rear derailleur to eliminate rub, noise, slow shifting, and inaccessible gears.
Questions or comments? Leave them below!
See all our derailleur videos in our Derailleurs & Shifting playlist ▶︎
00:00 Preliminary Info
02:14 H-Limit Screw Adjustment
06:49 Indexing Adjustment
11:33 L-Limit Screw Adjustment
13:56 B-Screw Adjustment
➤ Tools & materials used:
• SD-2 Phillips Screwdriver –
• PH-1 P-Handle Hex Wrench Set –
• PRS-3.2-2 Deluxe Single Arm Repair Stand –
For a text-based walk-through of this process:
➤ Fix It:
Did you know that Park Tool is the #1 resource for bicycle repair education?
• Visit our YouTube Channel:
• Visit the Repair Help section of Parktool.com:
• Check out The Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair:
➤ About Park Tool:
Since our founding in 1963, Park Tool has been the leading name in bicycle tools. Our YouTube channel is an extension of our mission to be the ultimate resource for mechanics and riders of all skill levels. Here you will find comprehensive repair help tutorials for a wide range of components and processes, as well as troubleshooting guides, tips and tricks, and information on the latest Park Tool products.
➤ More Derailleur Repair Help:
• How a Front Derailleur Works ▶︎
• How a Rear Derailleur Works ▶︎
• How to Adjust a Front Derailleur ▶︎
• Front Derailleur – Advanced Troubleshooting ▶︎
• Rear Derailleur – Advanced Troubleshooting ▶︎
• How To Align a Derailleur Hanger Using the DAG-2.2 ▶︎